If you have anything you'd like to see added, removed or simply moved from one release to another, let us know.
Follow us on Twitter @OpenF2.
- This release is being tracked in pull request #36
- Merging previously separate Specification and F2.js versions into simultaneous releases
- Support for AMD module loading, #25
- More unit tests for F2.js, following #23
- Typos and other minor changes
- Bug fixes
- Add source maps for F2.js, #28
- Evaluate LightningJS, Caja, AdSafe, dojox.secure or similar for an added security layer for containers and apps through F2.js
- Evaluate and design security model for passing Context, including targeted messaging to and from apps (targeting 1.3 release)
- Implement structured Context message protocol based on FIX or OFX. We are currently planning on implementing FIX.
- Registry, Registry API suite, and Developer Center BETA
- Registry, Registry API suite, and Developer Center out of BETA
- By releasing the Registry, Registry API suite and Developer Center, significant changes include (but are not limited to):
- Developer Center processes for Container & App Developers, notably new app registration
- Registry APIs & docs
- Registry schema and procedures
- Code samples
- F2 ID web service
- Update Context message structure spec (and code samples) to use FIX Protocol.
- Add some of the most common FIX field types to the Docs and F2.js constants.
- Refactor F2.js per #29 for broader AMD support. F2.js will leverage a compression technique similar to the RequireJS Optimizer rather than use an internal AMD loader.
- Remove jQuery dependency in F2.js making library capable of running alongside frameworks such as jQuery, Dojo, ExtJS, PrototypeJS, etc. without any additional overhead. Tracking in #39.
- Move F2.UI.Modals to a F2.js plugin (per the previous item).
- Add Registry web services to F2.js internals for dynamic app integration for Container Developers.
- Introduce targeted Context messaging to and from apps, and broader security model for F2 Containers
- Add versioning, upgrading and compatibility instructions.
- Add log levels within
F2.log()(for INFO, WARN, ERROR)
- More unit tests, following #23
- Expand, clarify and define boundaries and responsibilities for container & app entitlements. This means identifying who is responsible for entitling what and where at what level.
- Add Container > App authentication recommendations to spec. This will not include how to authenticate but rather define requirements. For example, if you wanted to use the SAML protocol, the F2 specification will outline what steps you’d need to take to ensure your F2-enabled solution work with SAML.
- Expand searchable universe of F2 IDs beyond global equities
- Evaluate building F2 adapters for proprietary frameworks
- Add simpler legacy and secure app integration methods in F2.js (replacing current manual iframe injection)
- Add more example apps to the project on GitHub and redesign example containers
Contributions to the RoadmapThis roadmap is very much a work in progress. Most of the items detailed within each release are a result of direct feedback from users of F2, and we'd like to keep it that way where possible. Our users are very important to us, and if you want to contribute to this roadmap, please feel free to reach out to us.
Contributions to this roadmap can be made by submitting an Issue on GitHub or by emailing email@example.com (we'll then make an Issue to track the request).